Monday, March 27, 2006

Thanks Saint Theresa, I needed that.

Here is something lovely that I received today. Saint Theresa is the Saint of Little Ways. She believed in doing the little things in life well and with great love. She is also the patron saint of flower growers and florists and is represented by roses.

Saint Theresa's Prayer
May today there be peace within. May you trust God that you are exactly where you are meant to be. May you not forget the infinite possibilities that are born of faith. May you use those gifts that you have received, and pass on the love that has been given to you. May you be content knowing you are a child of God. Let this presence settle into your bones and allow your soul the freedom to sing, dance, praise and love.


I know that God didn't cause what happened to my little family, and I know that it wasn't his "will" or whatever. The God that I subscribe to doesn't cause things like that. He doesn't go around smiting people and certainly not little babies. I know that He was with my husband and I when it happened and he's with us right now. And I know that he's got something good in store for us. He's got to.


Meanwhile, Saint Theresa,
May I have a lucky trip to Wal-Mart today to buy the fixin's for an herb garden so that I might enjoy fresh basil on pizza.
Love, Laura

1 comment:

RP said...

I'm so sorry for the loss of your beautiful boy Nate.

I hope you had a nice trip to Wal-Mart, and I hope spring brings you the freshest, greenest, tastiest basil imagineable.

Hugs to you,
Rachel