Thursday, May 11, 2006

Thoughts on Mother's Day

I am a mother. Yes, my arms are empty--but I'm still a mother. If you look at my belly, you'll see the evidence that a little someone grew there--see? I'm a mother.There is a child that I love more than life itself, a child that I would lay down in front of a speeding train for--that's motherly love.

And I loved that child so much I let him go.

So, please don't tiptoe around the word "mother" with me. I carried a beautiful boy for nine months, and then watched my beautiful boy die. If that doesn't qualify me for mother status, I don't know what does. Just don't expect me for dinner on Sunday--frankly, I'm not in the mood. Check back next year.

6 comments:

Lizzie said...

Well, I glad you finally said it. I have always thought your were a mother. You endured all of the nausea, bloating, cravings and pelvic pain and gave birth to beautiful baby boy which I was lucky enough to kiss on before he left. I think you are an awesome mother, Lala. Nate knows it too and soon so will all your 90 future babies and my neices and nephews.

Shannon said...

Happy Mother's Day

serenitygardener said...

Hang in there, little mama ..... you're in my prayers and thoughts every single day. Be extra good to yourself Sunday .... take it from one who's had a lifetime of painful Mother's Days .... wish Hallmark & the world would avoid "Mothers Day" and "Fathers Day" and concentrate on PEOPLE's Days ... today and EVERY day!

the ockers said...

wishing you a happy mothers day Laura.

kate said...

so many ((((((((hugs)))))))) to you....

msfitzita said...

You're right - you ARE a mother. And on top of that you're an incredibly strong and courageous woman.

(((HUGS))) and peace