Thursday, November 08, 2007

Three Weeks Old Today!

When I woke up on the morning of the 18th and felt Ben move, it was the first time in 38.5 weeks that I felt good. I felt my shoulders come down from around my ears. The huge knot in my chest was gone. We made it through that last night and everything was okay. We were going to get our baby today!!!!!!!!!!





We had to be at the hospital at 6am, so before we left at 5:30, we took one more belly shot for the road. I didn't realize that I was so huge! No wonder I could hardly walk those last couple of weeks and people kept asking me how many were in there!






Getting ready for surgery! Tom's got on an oompa-loompa suit. I'm just looking majorly puffy all over. Yuck.





Making his entrance! And this is where he peed on the doctor. Awesome. Turns out, he's a very prolific pee-er and I have been peed on I don't know how many times now. He doesn't pee on his dad, though. Hmmm.




This was the moment that I had been waiting for and dreaming about for almost two years.
I was a little disapointed in my reaction, though. Maybe it was because I was so gorked out from the spinal (which hurt like hell!), but I wasn't overcome with motherly emotions like I thought I would be. Mostly I was thinking, "God, get all that crap out of his mouth!" and "Yikes, he's gurgling in my face!" So, yeah. But looking at this picture now is a different story. I think that even his poop is cute.




So mad!!! That's the biggest mouth that I've ever seen on a baby. And that's what I've got attached to my boob every hour.







This is what I had in mind.



I have so much to say about all of this. The hospital stay, this momma thing. I can't believe what a long road this has been. I can't believe how much he looks like his brother. I'll have to save all that for another post. Ben's starting to wake up....

16 comments:

jbjmcdonald said...

HI! Been a lurker for awhile. I am so happy for you that it's over for you and your little handsome one is here and healthy. He is such a beautiful baby and I wish your family the best!

Catherine said...

I hope you don't mind me saying this, but you WERE huge! My goodness!

This post makes me cry happy tears. Thank you!

Anonymous said...

fantastic story and fantastic pictures :) its been a long road, and you've arrived :)

XXX

I didn't want to mention it but since Catherine did, i mean, huge inst the word, but its ok to say that now right? I don't know how you walked around, indeed! ;)

Kathy McC said...

Awesome! Don't feel bad about your initial reaction...I remember thinking "ewww he's all slimy and I am afraid I'll drop him" when K was born. It didn't take long to start thinking more "motherly" thoughts.

Ben is SOOOOO cute!!

Kim said...

Goodness GRACIOUS, woman, you were huge!! I mean, just your tummy, not any where else! :) You look precious and Ben is jut adorable!

Mrs. Collins said...

He's so cute! And peeing on the doctor is classic. Mine just pees on me. I too was sorta loopy when Andy was handed to me.

Hope you continue to post pics of Ben.

niobe said...

Looove the open-mouth screaming picture!

Brenda said...

Well if your not the clever little chick I dont know who it!
Ben is just lovely!
Yes you were huge, (I can say this because I was as well lol) but it was worth every inch!

Hugs
xxx

Ruby said...

Thank you for sharing these pictures, they're great!

You were huge but you carried it so well.

Roxanne said...

Ha! I was also overcome by how giant your belly was. Just the belly. The rest of you looked very cute and petite.

Yeah! Very very happy for you. It is so nice to see some happiness for you!

L said...

That is one big belly, sister! You looked adorable! And Ben is just sweeter than candy.
Can't wait to hear more about him.

kate said...

Yes, you WERE huge! LOL! Fantastic!

The Goddess G said...

I think the initial reaction is normal...at least it was for me. I felt it would be more like a soap opera dramatic moment...but it took me a few minutes.

Congrats!
~Carole

Rachel said...

Congratulations! He is a beautiful boy.

Samantha said...

Oh he is soooo beautiful!!! I have been gone for a while and am catching up on everyone. Congrats to you guys. I know your heart must be swollen with love.

BasilBean said...

Ben is just gorgeous and I loved reading the story and looking at the pictures. I'm so glad that you and your little guy are doing so well.