Tuesday, October 31, 2006

On the 31st

Nine Months Old.
What a big boy you'd be today.
Your cousin has taken his first steps.
He's one month older than you, but
I bet you'd be right there with him,
my genius child.
You'd just be fitting into the little
St. Louis Rams uniform. Daddy
and I hate football, but you'd still
look awfully cute in that outfit.
I miss you so much.
I still can't believe that we had such a
beautiful boy. And then you were gone.
I wonder what we would have dressed
up as today? It's so hard knowing that
I'll miss out on your...everything.
I love you sweet boy.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Two years ago today I got engaged. I had a huge Halloween flute recital with another studio and I was the director of the flute choir. We all dressed up in costumes--I was Hermione and Tom, my stage hand, was a farmer. He wouldn't dress up as Harry Potter despite my pleadings.
The concert was a huge success, and as I was thanking the audience, Tom came on stage. I gave him a puzzled look--I didn't need him to move any more stands, the show was over--but he got down on one knee and proposed to me in front of a big audience and 40-50 flute players, most of them teenage girls. I love him so much for doing that. I was just the perfect engagement. (I said yes, obviously.)

4 comments:

delphi said...

I am doubly teary. Once for Nate's costume (sad) and once for your beautiful proposal (very, very happy).

Life. Hard to get around the emotional swings of it all.

Roxanne said...

Awwww hon. Life just sucks sometimes. Big time big time big time sucks. You deserve some major happiness and soon.

About your friend...wow. I don't know what I would do. What I would do and what you should do are two totally different things. I think that writing down what you're feeling is a good idea, but maybe you want to think twice about sending it. I do think that what she did was very insensitive. If she could do that, she's probably not worth getting upset about at all.

Rosepetal said...

(((Hugs))). I wish Nate were here. He would have been so happy with you and Tom as parents.

Beautiful proposal!

kate said...

(((((hugs))))))

And yes, what a fabulous proposal!!