Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Sending a Message

Last night was the annual balloon release for our chapter of The Compassionate Friends.

These are our balloons--one for Nate and one for his friends.

There they go!


This was my first balloon release, and it took me by surprise how powerful and emotional it was. Letting go of those balloons and watching them go higher and higher until they were just pin pricks against the sky and then nothing--it was almost like letting go of Nate again. I hope he got our message. I hope that he is a good boy and shares his balloons with his new friends. Oh God, I miss my baby so much.

4 comments:

Catherine said...

Beautiful. {{{hugs}}}

MB said...

So beautiful. Just chokes me up. We released balloons on Audrey's first birthday last year and the pictures still give me the chills.

sillyhummingbird said...

Absolutely beautiful. What a loving gesture. (((HUGS)))

msfitzita said...

What a beautiful tradition, and how sweet of you to send up a balloon for Nate's friends too.

Lots of ((((((((HUGS)))))))))