Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Last

One year ago today...

The first day of my maternity leave.

The day that it was really sinking in that I was bringing you home and soon, too.

I finally finished your little apple hat on this day, a year ago.

How many more sleeps would it be until you were in my arms? Just one, as it would turn out.

I had that sleep and you were gone, your little body there, your sweet soul was not.

I'm so sorry, my love. I'm so sorry that my body failed you, my beautiful boy.

Every minute of every day, I think of you. I never thought that I could love anyone as much as I do you.

My sweet boy.

4 comments:

MB said...

Hugs Laura...big, warm, loving hugs.

Anam Cara said...

Thinking of you and your sweet darling Nate. I'm so sorry. Sending you big (((hugs))) and wishing I could do more.

Clare said...

Much love to you during this difficult time.

Rosepetal said...

Oh Laura, I'm so so sorry that Nate isn't here. It wasn't meant to be like this. Or it was and we just don't know why, why, WHY.

*Tears of sadness* fall for you and sweet Nate, that you are not together.