Friday, January 12, 2007

Yes I'm Serious. And Don't Call Me Shirley.

Meet Shirley!
She's the new member of our family. Shirley is a mini doxie and very tiny--about 7.5 pounds.


This is where Beverly hangs out now that Shirley has joined us: on top of the cabinets in my pie basket.


This is where Shirley hangs out. She loves her Dad.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Natey's orchid bloomed again. I can't believe that I've kept this orchid alive for almost a year! I was getting pretty discouraged, but I hung in there, watering and feeding a stick in a pot on my kitchen windowsill for most of the summer and all of the fall. But what a reward!

Oh, I love orchids.

8 comments:

Catherine said...

awwww...Shirley is adorable!
And I love your orchid too!

three minute palaver said...

Shirley's beautiful. and her ears look so soft.

Kathy McC said...

Beautiful dog, beautiful orchid. Awesome!

BethGo said...

Cute!

MB said...

Shirley is a doll. How did you end up with her? She's grown, right? The cat in the pie basket kills me.

I LOVE the orchid. I have never been good with orchids. Pretty good with violets, but orchids, not so much. Beautiful.

kate said...

Awww what a cute dog! And Nate's orchid is beautiful. It looks alot like Nicolas' orchid LOL. Congrats on the well-timed blooming!

Bronwyn said...

How cute is Shirley? It looks like she's a real daddy's girl ;) And very well done with Nate's orchid -- it's beautiful! I had a rose bush for Lydia that made it through 2 years, but finally bit the dust this year. (I need to find something less fragile, I think.)

msfitzita said...

Awwww, what a cutie pie!! We've had a few discussions about getting a little wiener dog too, but so far it's all been talk. So I'll be needing frequent Shirley updates for research purposes - poke, poke, poke.

The orchid is stunning. Kudos for your obvious green thumb!!